How To Build A Leadership Team & Step Back - with Dan Young
Do you have a leadership team? Do you let them lead? I’m sure you’ve probably heard that you need to hire a leadership team who will allow you to take a step back from the grind.
Do you have a leadership team? Do you let them lead?
I’m sure you’ve probably heard that you need to hire a leadership team who will allow you to take a step back from the grind.
But rarely do you hear HOW to nurture that leadership team to a point where you feel comfortable letting them take over.
In this episode of Contractor Evolution, I meet with Dan Young of Kingdom Roofing Systems of Marion Indiana.
In just 3 short years (2018 to 2021) Dan grew Kingdom from 3 million in revenue to over 16 million.
Contributing massively to this explosive growth is his Executive Leadership team, which over the years, he has assembled and trained with care and purpose.
I wanted to have Dan on to talk about where he found these people and nurtured underappreciated talent into truly exceptional leaders.
If you’ve been wondering what it actually takes to build a leadership team that will allow you to step back, listen to the full episode.
- How the leadership team is organised in this 16M contracting company
- How to recruit a high-end leadership team from outside your industry and the attributes you should watch for in the people you interact with daily
- One way to nurture under-appreciated talent as opposed to expecting you’ll have all the skills you’ll need in everyone you bring in
- How your role as a leader evolves as you go from 3M to 16M (hint – it’s both easier and harder)
- Striking the balance in a ‘family vibe company’ when you’re running corporate systems
- The value of hiring women in the trades and what they bring to the organization that the men typically don’t